Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2008-Dec-18 22:29:00
Subject:Re: Virtual Tours - login timeout?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Virtual Tours - login timeout? Yahoo Account 2008-Dec-18 22:29:00
--- On Thu, 12/18/08, Dave 360texas.com <#removed#> wrote:

> What I did was to close IE 7 wait for an hour then visit the
> WWP
> contribute page... and it prompted me for a new login
> session.

Glad it worked out.

That problem annoyed me to no end, so I searched around the web and even though common wisdom is that there's no "official" way to clear the browser's login cache, I've actually found a way to force the browser to "logout".

You'll notice a new item "Logout" in the blue menu bar on top. This will take you to a "logout" page. There's just one link on it. Click it, and you'll again be prompted for a password.
HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART:
Leave the password EMPTY and click "OK" (or whichever button is there).

Congratulations. Your browser has now forgotten the "unforgettable" login data (since it's been overwritten with the blank field). So all this page does is to turn "login" on its head - it accepts anything BUT a password.

Now another user can go to the regular login page and enter a new name/password - no need for a second browser.

Tested with: Firefox/Mac, Safari/Mac, Internet Explorer 7/PC

-Markus