Sender:Kathy Wheeler
Date/Time:2009-Apr-08 00:57:00
Subject:Re: WWP working again.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: WWP working again. Kathy Wheeler 2009-Apr-08 00:57:00
On 08/04/2009, at 2:56 AM, Yahoo Account wrote:

> The WWP website is working again!
>
> And I have no clue as to why or how, in the same way that I've got
> no idea why it even failed in the first place...

Markus et al,

it *may not* be the web site failing at all.

In the last few days I've heard of a number of people from all over
the world (including myself) having intermittent problems loading web
sites. Some or all pictures missing, page not rendering properly, css
files missing, site not loading at all.

Yesterday I was blaming Firefox, but on talking to some other people
and finding similar experiences related from the USA, Canada, Asia
and Europe, all with different sites, browsers and applications, and
doing a little digging (or rather pinging) myself there's something
odd going on. Pinging sites when the problems manifest is bizarre -
normal ping times interspersed with ridiculously huge ping times!
Give it an hour or two and everything is back to "normal".

Go figure ...

KathyW.