Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2009-Jun-26 21:25:00
Subject:Re: tilt limit for cylindrical image

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: tilt limit for cylindrical image Yahoo Account 2009-Jun-26 21:25:00

>From: Bert Knops <#removed#>
>Subject: tilt limit for cylindrical image
>

>>I uploaded a spherical jpeg image and set the tilt limit to -30/+30
>>degrees, because the original is a cylindrical image.
>>When I preview however, the tilt limit is not respected. I can view up
>>and down and see outside the cylinder.
>>Will this be fixed in the jpeg upload or should I use quicktime upload?

Hi Bert,

at the moment that's a problem where I haven't found an automated solution yet.

The Flash player can be configured via the webpage, and it honors the limit settings easily (via an automated, external configuration file).

The Quicktime converter I'm using needs manual interaction. Read: I haven't found a tool yet that would allow me to automatically build QTVRs including these tilt limits and e.g. autorotation - which means I'll need to go through the list and tweak all those panoramas with active limits by hand. :(

So this is where you can help me out:
If you already have a QTVR with the right limitations, feel free to upload it, in addition to the JPEG.

Your "custom" QTVR will take precedence over any "automated" QTVR that the server builds - so visitors with Quicktime will see your QTVR (with the right limits), and visitors with Flash will see the Flash/JPEG with the database-stored right limits, too. It's not what I'd like for the perfect solution, but at least it's a stable workaround for now.

-Markus