Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2009-Jun-29 14:05:00
Subject:Re: Configure, Advanced

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Configure, Advanced Yahoo Account 2009-Jun-29 14:05:00
Hi Caroling,

thanks for the report about the zoom mismatch. It seems the plugin puts the zoom value in relation to the screen size, which it shouldn't - "X" degrees of field of view should always be "X" degrees, and not "Y" degrees if the screen is 800x600 or 1600x1200.
This shouldn't happen, and I'm working on a fix.

The cylinders' behavior is a wholly different issue - a "cylinder mapped into an equirect sphere" will have black areas by nature, and these should be kept invisible with the "limit tilt" - since it's technically not a cylinder, but "a sphere with unsightly part".
Known problem: There's a bug in the current version of the player that allows to "glance past" the limits by using Zoom Out when the camera is stuck at the limit's edge. I've written to the developers.

Now if you upload a "cylindrical cylinder" (i.e. like the original QTVR used them), this shouldn't happen at all, because there simply is no image beyond the cylinder. I haven't stress-tested that yet, but I'll look into it.

Also high on "my own wish-list": picking the preview the same way as it was with QTVR, via a live preview.

Thanks for your patience.

-Markus