Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2009-Sep-21 20:06:00
Subject:Re: beta flash wwp

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: beta flash wwp Yahoo Account 2009-Sep-21 20:06:00
Hi Toni,

this only happens until the conversion to cube faces is completed - it's not the "final/public" look. I've kept the detail rather low for performance reasons. Right after uploading a JPEG, the flash player will default to using the "raw" spherical image to show an instant preview.

I usually run the converter for the JPEGs at least once a day. It reads the spherical images and turns them into correctly mapped cubes for both Flash and Quicktime*, and then the wavy lines will be gone ;)

-Markus

*) If you have uploaded a Quicktime version, too, then your upload will be used instead of the auto-converted one