Sender:Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net
Date/Time:2009-Nov-05 15:33:00
Subject:Re: Which stitching software to choose ? ????

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Which stitching software to choose ? ???? Jeffrey Martin | 360Cities.net 2009-Nov-05 15:33:00
> you seem to be applying commercial logic to a non-commercial endeavor.
>This is not a popularity context for me.

If anyone wants to know why Hugin progresses at the speed it does, with only
marginal success, without the "critical mass" that other, very successful,
open-source projects have enjoyed, look no further.

Don't get me wrong - I love Hugin, and I am very grateful to everyone who
has worked on it. Ask Bruno - I send him happy emails all the time about it.

Jeffrey Martin
tel. +420 608 076 502 / skype jeffrey.s.martin

 Re: Which stitching software to choose ? ????
Posted
by: "yuval_levy" #removed#
<#removed#?Subject=+Re%3A%20Which%20stitching%20software%20to%20choose%20%3F%20%3F%3F%3F%3F>
 yuval_levy
<http://profiles.yahoo.com/yuval_levy>  Wed Nov 4, 2009 10:29 pm (PST)

Hi John,

--- In #removed# <wwp%40yahoogroups.com>, John Riley <johnriley@...>
wrote:
> You do seem to worry that folks are looking for a "free ride"

not at all. If they find a free ride, good for them. It's when they ask me
to find it for them that I get annoyed.

Open Source = not having to reinventing the wheel. If somebody already
invented it, use it as you please. That's not a free ride. A free ride is
when the wheel does not exist; I don't need it; and somebody tries to direct
me to invent it for him.

> Hugin will be marginalized if Joe or Josephine
> Blow have to go through what can be a maddening process

my cat Josephine sits nicely near me when I work on the code :-)