Sender:toni.garbasso
Date/Time:2010-Apr-20 23:42:00
Subject:Re: Panoramas from the desert

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Panoramas from the desert toni.garbasso 2010-Apr-20 23:42:00
The shadow is a "homage" to Arthur Tress?
some days before my residence in the desert park , I had the chance to visit the Center for Creative Photography in Tucson ( http://www.studioargento.com/arte/ccp ) ,
and admire an early work of Arthur Tress: a collection of photos that  had the main theme based on his own shadow included in the scene.
The shape of the shadow, hands up  like a cactus, should be similar to some "kachina" representation.
Kachinas in Hopy mythology are dolls (but also dancers) that personify a specific spirit.
It's unbelievable, but in the XIV century that part of the desert was lived by people belonging to Hopi and Zuni tribes.

8-) Toni