Sender:B Yen
Date/Time:2013-Jul-20 18:59:00
Subject:Re: End of panorama photography in Germany?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: End of panorama photography in Germany? B Yen 2013-Jul-20 18:59:00
On Jul 20, 2013, at 8:30 AM, "dl8ndg" <#removed#> wrote:

> It is inbelievable:
> a German company has got the rights for 360? panoramas with
> control-buttons, which can be displayed on mobile devices.
> Patent attorneys are already sending letters to owners of websites with 360? panoramas. Because nearly every pano can be viewed on a tablet, mobile phone...
>
> See the German article:
> http://www.heise.de/foto/meldung/Post-von-Patentanwaelten-wegen-Panorama...
>
> Please don't kill me, I'm not belonging to this company...I'm just posting the bad news with the link to the corresponding article.
>
> Kind Regards,
> -Axel-

THis reminds me of that bullish*t IPIX patent farce.  And, the current Patent flaw in USA (generic patents, e.g. User Interface buttons) -- leading to Patent trolls.  Various websites getting sued for infringing on "using so-and-so windows for advertising banners"..TOTAL NONSENSE.  It's stifling innovation & affecting Economic Recovery in USA (& elsewhere)

Here is an email from my Czech Math PhD contact at Brno Univ: