Sender:Romuald/hd
Date/Time:2004-May-07 21:55:00
Subject:Re: (ann) aerial panos

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: (ann) aerial panos Romuald/hd 2004-May-07 21:55:00
scott pruett a *crit :

> Wow Romuald, those are awesome.  I'd also love to hear how you shoot
> these.  Your "How's it done" VR is great in itself, although I can't
> figure it out.  Is that a 1Ds you're using?

Thank you Scott, and Mark and Jesse !

The landscape panos are made with a Nikon D1x and a 8 mm fisheye in landscape
orientation : 4 shots + nadir. We select a landmark and the pilot make 4 path
perpendicular one to the previous on this landmark.
The sky is a problem. First I solved it picking a sky from another pano. But it
is possible (depending on the plane and the length of your arm ;-) to shoot the
sky from the rear of the wing, with a circular fisheye like fce8 on coolpix or
sigma 8 on canon 1ds.

The pano with the plane is a classical handheld 4+2 shots. The only trick is the
camera+hand that I shooted later at home and past in the pano.

Romuald V