Sender:jesselee
Date/Time:2004-Dec-13 12:13:00
Subject:Re: Show panning panorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Show panning panorama jesselee 2004-Dec-13 12:13:00
A new Power Mac G5 is my dream :-)

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hans Nyberg
  To: #removed#
  Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 6:19 PM

  On Dec 13, 2004, at 7:18 AM, Sven Hafner wrote:

  >  anyone got an idea how to present panorama images in form of a slide
  >  show that displays the panorama (full screen height) by panning
  >  slowly from left to right? like the kenburns effect.
  >
  >  I will have an exhibition in january and use a projector to display
  >  the panos on a wall, but I want it to "autopan".

  It depends much on what equipment you have, MAC or PC
  How fast your computer is
  What resolution you want to use on the projector.

  You can use both Java/Ptviewer and Quicktime and there are several
  options to make autorotation.

  You can use simple HTML pages and use the old very simple refresh tag
  to change pages.

  Also I just discovered that my IView Media Pro has a built in
  autorotation on QTVR if you use the slideshow option. It is very slow
  so the rotation is also smooth and it changes automatically to the next
  after one rotation. The speed is very slow on my Powerbook 17 but if
  the resolution is set to 800x600 it is almost perfect.

  Of course this is only horisontal panning, but if you use PTViwewer you
  can program every panorama with a tour around all the sphere.
  But do not expect it to work in Fullscreen on a Mac. Perhaps on a new
  G5.

  Hans

  Hans Nyberg
  commercial photographer