Sender:Andras L. Frenyo
Date/Time:2004-Dec-13 14:00:00
Subject:Re: Show panning panorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Show panning panorama Andras L. Frenyo 2004-Dec-13 14:00:00
vrhotwires' demo tool is a pretty simple way of adding complicated rotation
paths
http://www.vrhotwires.com

it's in its first version for windows as well.

           From: Landis <#removed#>
      2. Shooting Dates
           From: Landis <#removed#>
      3. Show panning  panorama
           From: "Sven Hafner" <#removed#>
      4. Re: Show panning  panorama
           From: Michael Hansky | INXS Media <#removed#>
      5. Re: Show panning  panorama
           From: Hans Nyberg <#removed#>
      6. Re: Show panning  panorama
           From: <#removed#>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:53:44 -0800
   From: Landis <#removed#>
Subject: Re: What's up?

>Guess we'll have to wait until after the weekend for someone to
>reboot the box?
>
>-Markus

Sounds like it.  Don is away for the weekend and will take care of
this on Monday morning.

-Landis

Message: 2
   Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 09:05:43 -0800
   From: Landis <#removed#>
Subject: Shooting Dates

Waleed recently reminded us that in the Middle East the weekend is
Friday/Saturday and not Saturday/Sunday.  The reason that we extend
the shooting dates to cover a weekend is so that people get as great
an opportunity as possible to plan and execute their intended
photography.  As such, it is only fair to make sure and include the
full weekend whether you be in the Middle East or Mid West.

For the upcoming WWP Solstice - Sanctuary the open dates for photography
are:

Friday 17 December through Tuesday 21 December 2004 - midnight to
midnight your local time.

-------

In case you want to know the exact moment of the solstice (when
winter begins in the northern hemisphere and summer begins in the
southern) it's at 12:42 pm UTC on Tuesday 21 December 2004.

To see it in your local time zone follow either of these links:

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=12&amp;day=21&amp...

or

http://tinylink.com/?p9hcYwETt9

-Landis

Message: 3
   Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:18:42 -0000
   From: "Sven Hafner" <#removed#>
Subject: Show panning  panorama

Hi !

anyone got an idea how to present panorama images in form of a slide
show that displays the panorama (full screen height) by panning
slowly from left to right? like the kenburns effect.

I will have an exhibition in january and use a projector to display
the panos on a wall, but I want it to "autopan".

thanks for your feedback
Sven

Message: 4
   Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:57:56 +0100
   From: Michael Hansky | INXS Media <#removed#>

What about a screensaver programm like wPanorama or others ?

I already made a slideshow with HTML and the Iseemedia Java...about 750
px height.

Maybe you can use the Java G2 Viewer from Immervision...The Developer
say that you can use it for
fullscreen applications.

Michael Hansky
INXS Media
Seestr. 19
88690 Uhldingen - M?hlhofen
tel  ++49 7556 966 440
fax ++49 7556 9299654
web www.inxs-media.de

Sven Hafner schrieb:

>Hi !
>
>anyone got an idea how to present panorama images in form of a slide
>show that displays the panorama (full screen height) by panning
>slowly from left to right? like the kenburns effect.
>
>I will have an exhibition in january and use a projector to display
>the panos on a wall, but I want it to "autopan".
>
>thanks for your feedback
>Sven
>

>------
>The World-Wide Panorama
>
>For more information:
>-Visit the web site at http://GeoImages.Berkeley.edu/wwp.html
>Yahoo! Groups Links

Message: 5
   Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:19:02 +0100
   From: Hans Nyberg <#removed#>

On Dec 13, 2004, at 7:18 AM, Sven Hafner wrote:

>  anyone got an idea how to present panorama images in form of a slide
>  show that displays the panorama (full screen height) by panning
>  slowly from left to right? like the kenburns effect.
>
>  I will have an exhibition in january and use a projector to display
>  the panos on a wall, but I want it to "autopan".

It depends much on what equipment you have, MAC or PC
How fast your computer is
What resolution you want to use on the projector.

You can use both Java/Ptviewer and Quicktime and there are several
options to make autorotation.

You can use simple HTML pages and use the old very simple refresh tag
to change pages.

Also I just discovered that my IView Media Pro has a built in
autorotation on QTVR if you use the slideshow option. It is very slow
so the rotation is also smooth and it changes automatically to the next
after one rotation. The speed is very slow on my Powerbook 17 but if
the resolution is set to 800x600 it is almost perfect.

Of course this is only horisontal panning, but if you use PTViwewer you
can program every panorama with a tour around all the sphere.
But do not expect it to work in Fullscreen on a Mac. Perhaps on a new
G5.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
hans nyberg fotografi
hasselvej 6  DK-8550 ryomgaard  denmark
<http://www.hans-nyberg.dk>
<http://www.qtvr.dk>

<http://www.panoramas.dk> Panoramas.dk - Features Fullscreen QTVR
email:  #removed#

Message: 6
   Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:13:15 +0800
   From: <#removed#>

A new Power Mac G5 is my dream :-)

  On Dec 13, 2004, at 7:18 AM, Sven Hafner wrote:

  >  anyone got an idea how to present panorama images in form of a slide
  >  show that displays the panorama (full screen height) by panning
  >  slowly from left to right? like the kenburns effect.
  >
  >  I will have an exhibition in january and use a projector to display
  >  the panos on a wall, but I want it to "autopan".

  It depends much on what equipment you have, MAC or PC
  How fast your computer is
  What resolution you want to use on the projector.

  You can use both Java/Ptviewer and Quicktime and there are several
  options to make autorotation.

  You can use simple HTML pages and use the old very simple refresh tag
  to change pages.

  Also I just discovered that my IView Media Pro has a built in
  autorotation on QTVR if you use the slideshow option. It is very slow
  so the rotation is also smooth and it changes automatically to the next
  after one rotation. The speed is very slow on my Powerbook 17 but if
  the resolution is set to 800x600 it is almost perfect.

  Of course this is only horisontal panning, but if you use PTViwewer you
  can program every panorama with a tour around all the sphere.
  But do not expect it to work in Fullscreen on a Mac. Perhaps on a new
  G5.

  Hans

  Hans Nyberg
  commercial photographer