Sender:Francis Fougere
Date/Time:2005-Jan-20 19:59:00
Subject:Re: Java on PC/MAC (was Re: Origins of the Panorama view)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Java on PC/MAC (was Re: Origins of the Panorama view) Francis Fougere 2005-Jan-20 19:59:00
Actually your correction is wrong. Displays don't really have a gamma they
have a tone response curve
which provide a measurement in gamma. The gamma of the working space and the
display have no relation. The Mac gamma of 1.8 dates back to gamma response
of the old LaserWriter on a 1 bit display.
Francis Fougere