Sender:West Coast Designers
Date/Time:2005-Jan-23 01:42:00
Subject:Re: new here

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: new here West Coast Designers 2005-Jan-23 01:42:00
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: brooksleffler
  To: #removed#
  Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 10:45 PM

  Mario, you haven't gotten a single response, which is too bad -- but if you'll look back just
  a little from where you joined in, to a thread called Getting Started, you'll find a lot of
  useful info, which may be why you haven't gotten a response.

  Especially, I'd recommend you read Roger Howard's message 2385.

  welcome!
  bgl

  --- In #removed#, "Mario R. Navarrete" <#removed#> wrote:
  > Hello, my name is Mario R Navarrete, i do graphic design for tv and
  > photo and is my first time in here, i start with the VR some years ago
  > with the first version of the QTVR from apple but there are a lot of
  > technical terminology that do not understand maybe i know what is but
  > not under  those names, and my VR are just 320x240 pix; i saw the
  > sphericals VR from the wwp site and my jaw droped, amazing job!
  >
  > I am using The VR Worx 2.1 for stitching the pics in a panorama, i
  > would like to learn how to do a spherical panorama because i only did
  > the  "normal" cylindrical with a lot of errors when stitching (sky
  > color, blured objects, etc)  and after seeing those amazing sphericals
  > pans in the WWP site i want to learn how to do it.
  >
  > First i start doing the pans with a 35mm nikkon with a 35-80 zoom, in
  > 35mm of course; now i am using the digital rebel from Canon with
  > 6.5megapixels with the 18-55lens, in portrait as the manual of the soft
  > say, mounted in a Manfrotto tripod (190D) with a 029head.
  >
  > With the software i am using now i do not know how to do full screen
  > panoramas because the compression codec that is by default only let me
  > do it at 320 x 240 if i submit a bigger size the file just goes blured
  > or white when exported, maybe i have incorrect the fov value for my
  > lens or one of those data. Also the file size when i export is bigger
  > that 8Mb too much for a 320 VR i saw fullscreen pans with perfect
  > resolution in the WWP site that are just 2Mb, so as you may see i did
  > this job but my tecnica is bad.
  >
  > Hope to hear from u soon to start doing a better pans.
  >
  > Mario
  > greetings from mexico =)

  ------
  The World-Wide Panorama