Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2004-Oct-08 13:05:00
Subject:Re: Where is me???

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Where is me??? Markus Altendorff 2004-Oct-08 13:05:00
Luca Vascon sagte:

> :-(
> Where can I find the coordinates to give you?
> :-)))
> THANX!

I think Landis already corrected it, it's just that i've not created a new set of
map files for him to publish on the WWP server. Will probably not happen until later
that night (European time zone) or may take until late in the weekend, since i'm
offline for most of the saturday and there are a few more things i want to take a
look at.

If you want to determine the location GPS values yourself (or if you need other
coordinates, too), start here:
(this one is already centered on Venice)
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=45.4367&lon=12.3266&s...

The lat/lon in the web adress reveals the coordinates, so this would be 45.4367 N
and 12.3266 E in decimal notation. Decimal notation is GOOD (at least for computers
;-)

If you want more precision, then zoom in on that map and move the view until your
location is in the center of the map (up to 1:5000 scale, i think). Look below the
map image, there's the box "map information". Inside it is a URL similar to the one
above. Simply note the lat and lon values, or copy-and-paste the whole URL and send
it to the list or to Landis.

-Markus