Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2004-Oct-08 13:13:00
Subject:Re: Where is me???

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Where is me??? Landis 2004-Oct-08 13:13:00
>I think Landis already corrected it, it's just that i've not created
>a new set of map files for him to publish on the WWP server. Will
>probably not happen until later that night (European time zone) or
>may take until late in the weekend, since i'm offline for most of
>the saturday and there are a few more things i want to take a look
>at.

Actually, if you take a look at the GeoIndex
(http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp904/GeoIndex.html) you should see
coordinates that match a lot closer to the proper Venice.  If you
want it more accurate than that, send them on to me ASAP (Markus, I'm
just about to send you the latest).

>The lat/lon in the web adress reveals the coordinates, so this would
>be 45.4367 N and 12.3266 E in decimal notation. Decimal notation is
>GOOD (at least for computers ;-)

Decimal notation is good for computers, but not as easy to read by
humans.  Give it to me either way, however, as my database does the
calculations for either one now.

-Landis