Sender:wbr
Date/Time:2005-Jun-09 15:30:00
Subject:Re: Coolpix 4500 and Nikon E-8 Fisheye lens

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Coolpix 4500 and Nikon E-8 Fisheye lens wbr 2005-Jun-09 15:30:00
For the nikon fc-e9, I take 4 shots,

Wil
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Crowest
  To: #removed#
  Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 1:26 PM

  Hi Rodrigo -

  I've used an FC-E8 since about 1991, first on a Coolpix 880 and more
  recently on a 4500. Plenty of samples at http://corvidae.co.uk/panoramas/ .
  As Wil says, the image quality can be quite poor, especially towards the
  edges, but for important shots (e.g.
  http://www.corvidae.co.uk/panoramas/homewood/living.html) I only use the F2
  mode, taking full-frame images. I've just put together the panoramas for a
  virtual tour of a watermill (http://corvidae.co.uk/shalford/ ), for which I
  shot six full-frame fisheye images for the main part of the panorama, and
  three circular fisheyes which I stitched together to get the top of the
  sphere, combining the two in Photoshop. In fact, I shot three sets of
  pictures for each pano, laboriously combining different exposures to get a
  clear view of the interior, without bleaching out everything round the
  windows.

  I discovered the NeatImage plug-in (http://www.neatimage.com/ )the day I
  shot these, and all the images were cleaned up with it, which really helped.
  Thanks for the tip about the chromatic aberration, Wil - I'll try that, too.
  By the way, Wil, how many shots do you take for your panos.

  It's a shame the watermill shots didn't coincide with the solstice - I
  really like the idea of trying to find a subject that's intimately connected
  with water, but doesn't have any water in the actual shot...

  Richard

  ------
  The World-Wide Panorama

  For more information: