Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2005-Jun-19 16:10:00
Subject:Re: GPS device units

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: GPS device units Markus Altendorff 2005-Jun-19 16:10:00
Caroling wrote:
> I got a new Garmin GPS and my readings don't match Multimap. The position format of the
> units is H.D.m.m. I changed it to H.D.D degrees and it still is wrong. There is a whole list
> of settings, mostly countries. Loran TD? UTM/UPS? User Grid? I'd like the format to be like
> we use in WWP

The WWP coordinates are "WGS 84", if that's available on
your GPS. The WGS (World Geodetic System) is the +/- 180
deg. East/West by +/- 90 deg. North/South. Most of the
country-specific settings are just that, they provide a set
of grid coordinates for a single country only, matching that
one country's offical map.

I'm hoping Garmin still includes WGS84 in their setup...

-Markus