Sender:Robert C. Fisher
Date/Time:2005-Sep-03 16:44:00
Subject:Re: Panos from Katrina

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Panos from Katrina Robert C. Fisher 2005-Sep-03 16:44:00
On Sep 3, 2005, at 4:45 AM, Bostjan Burger wrote:

> Thanks Elizabeth for the notice,
>
> there are realy only panoramas but no VR panoramas...however... very
> brave from John Poole as the significant part of victims were murdered
> by gangs (or only rumours...? I can't belive it...)

I don't think so, the rumor mills are flying high I see. The biggest
problem here is the news is so severely tainted by big business and big
media that you can't trust news but having said that the only place
that seems to have problems with civil unrest is in New Orleans which
is in dire straits. There seem to be people who are shooting at the
rescuers but that to me seems so counter productive. The problem seems
to be an extremely poor response by the government which has known of
the flooding issues in New Orleans for years and even this year cut
budgets of the agencies that are trying to fix the problems. Enough of
the political ramblings, I liked the panos it's a shame that the
Washington Post doesn't offer QTVR playback in addition to Flash.
Awesome images of the destruction, without being there it's hard o
imagine but this helps.

> Bostjan
>
> liz_golf <#removed#> wrote:
> Just found these posted at the Washington Post - taken by John Poole:
>
> <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/flash/photo/
> nation/2005-08-30_pano/
> index_frames.htm?startat=1&indexFile=test_2005-08-30_pano>
>
> Elizabeth

Cheers
Robert C. Fisher
QTVR Photography/Cinematography