Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2005-Sep-27 15:19:00
Subject:Re: GPS data

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: GPS data G. Donald Bain 2005-Sep-27 15:19:00
I would like to see Google Maps on the site (or directly accessible
from the site). Also Google Earth, World Wind, maybe others.

Markus is the technical member of this team, so his assessment of
feasibility is critical. Sounds like we have lots of interest and
talent in the group to do it right.

As he says , I need to take responsibility on the university's behalf.
Ads pose a problem, perhaps. If it is clear that they are on Google's
pages, not ours, then no problem. If a contract needs to be signed, big
trouble.

Google Earth still has no Macintosh version. The World Wind site
doesn't even mention Mac. I would like to hold out for three-platform
support if possible.

My guess - we will add this feature for the next event - Best of 2005.
Another possibility is to remake the site (all events retroactively)
between now and December. But first, we need to get "Energy" up and
publicize it.

Don