Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2006-Jan-05 18:16:00
Subject:Re: Late Editing - Best of 2005

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Late Editing - Best of 2005 Landis 2006-Jan-05 18:16:00
>Great...
>We are close!!!
>Can I ask you one thing???
>We are compelled to use devalVR, and not QT, cause of some keyfeatures Deval
>has and QT not...
>Any problem?
>Can we  make a new account since we 4 work as a group???
>THANX!!!
>Luca.

DevalVR doesn't work on Mac so I couldn't see it.  How could I approve it?

 From what I've seen DevalVR is pretty neat.  As is PangeaVR.  And
SPi-V definitely rocks!  PTViewer has always been fairly slow to load
and painful to watch on my lower end Mac OS X machine, but
Immervision has a very impressive Java engine.

But here's the deal.  We want to focus on the imagery.  We made the
rule that anything that could be included in the QuickTimeVR format
would be acceptable - that means sprites, floating logos, flash,
objects and panoramas.  Yes, it's now a VERY big download, but it's a
very useful one (more than just VR), from a very large company, very
popular, and it works, very well, on a variety of computers.

We're NOT going to get into a platform/plugin/browser/viewer war.
This is the way that it is for now, and we're certainly not going to
change the website for one late entry.

Luca, we'd be happy to host any QTVR content that you'd like to
share.  Please use links to show the special version on your own
website.

If you want to upload a late entry, send me a separate email
(#removed#) and I'll open up your account - or create a new
group one for the four of you.

-Landis