Sender:Jakob Norstedt-Moberg
Date/Time:2006-Jan-05 07:46:00
Subject:Re: Late Editing - Best of 2005

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Late Editing - Best of 2005 Jakob Norstedt-Moberg 2006-Jan-05 07:46:00
On 5/1-2006, at 0.41, Luca Vascon wrote:

> We are close!!!
> Can I ask you one thing???
> We are compelled to use devalVR, and not QT, cause of some keyfeatures
> Deval
> has and QT not...
> Any problem?
> Can we  make a new account since we 4 work as a group???

At first I thought this was so absurd so I didn't bother answering, but
now I feel I do have to.

The whole point of an event like WWP is to collected material in a
standard format at a specific place at a specific moment. If this should
not need to be obeyed it is better quit the whole thing and let everyone
build their own sites like they want (and like we already do).

I even think this giving extra time for late arrivals, after the
official deadline, is wrong.

There are rules which most of us follows and I would not even have
thought about the possiblity that some people can ask for their special
rules, especially if the requests are made more than a week after the
deadline. Where in a society can you do something like this?

Jakob