Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2006-Feb-19 05:42:00
Subject:Re: QTVR = VR photography?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: QTVR = VR photography? Uri Cogan 2006-Feb-19 05:42:00
Eduardo wrote:

>In my understanding of that statement, there is no other way to see WWP
>but as a photographic event, the same way we can look at World Press
>Photo or others like that.

This brings up the (very fuzzy) boundaries of what is "photographic".

Is a camera-created image, transformed and edited in Photoshop still
a "photograph"? what about a collage of photos that is presented as a
panorama? How about a QTVR panorama of an artificially made
landscape, that has some camera-made imaged or a hand-drawn image
embedded in it? A digital scanner is also a "camera" that does
contact prints of positives, so it could be interesting if somebody
would scan a bunch of images or objects and stitch the scans as a
QTVR panorama.

I think my the main point is to encourage creativity and "stretch the
envelope" as much as possible while remaining true to the intent of
the WWP project.
--
               Uri Cogan
        http://www.uricogan.com

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur