Sender:Alexander Balako
Date/Time:2006-Jun-15 11:44:00
Subject:Re: recommendations for a good priced (sub $1000) dig cam for panos

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: recommendations for a good priced (sub $1000) dig cam for panos Alexander Balako 2006-Jun-15 11:44:00
I would recommend Pentax *ist DL with DA 10-17 fisheye
lens. Camera will cost around 450$ and lens with
currently available rebate in US around 500$. The lens
is excellent the only downside is to use 6+2 shots at
10 mm for 360 degree panoramas, instead of 4+2 with 8
mm lenses. Or you may wait when Tokina's version of
the same lens will be available for other cameras, but
it will not have Pentax SMC coating what may introduce
flare.
Peleng 8 mm is manual lens, 10-17 is autofocus lens.
Pentax *ist DL uses the same Sony sensor used in Nikon
D70, D50 or KM 5D or 7D.

Regards,
Alex

http://mail.yahoo.com