Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2006-Jun-20 11:23:00
Subject:Re: Gardens - A World Wide Panorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Gardens - A World Wide Panorama Caroling Geary 2006-Jun-20 11:23:00
This gets at what I've been thinking. That the essence of the garden
is the gardener. Someone said a fence makes a garden. By that
definition, all of New Jersey is a garden, since it is called the
"Garden State" and it is pretty much totally fenced, I believe. But
that's too general. OK, I'm thinking essentially the fence is the
designation by the gardener to garden a certain place or area plus
some decision as to the sort of cultivation. If the gardener says
"this is a wild garden", that differentiates it. It's all about
intention.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net