Sender:Robert C. Fisher
Date/Time:2004-Nov-18 04:17:00
Subject:Re: Veterans Day 2004

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Veterans Day 2004 Robert C. Fisher 2004-Nov-18 04:17:00
Hi Landis
Good Panos! You are right the image quality is not very good but I also
use a Sigma 8 and I get far better results than this. My bridge pano
was done with the Sigma. The main thing is to shoot at f8-11 these are
the only stops where the lens is sharp, at least on my lens. The Sigma
is not a great lens but it is great starter lens for doing this kind of
work. I would too love a Nikkor 8mm, maybe some day. I keep saying it's
only money, it's only money.

On Nov 17, 2004, at 6:18 PM, Landis wrote:

> Sorry I've been a little slow putting these together.
>
> 11 November is Veterans Day in the US and my little town (population
> about 60,000) has a Veterans Day parade every year.  This year it was
> raining all morning but the parade would go on.  I searched for
> something that would coincide with Mickael's idea of commemorating
> Armistice Day.
>
> There were parents of soldiers currently in Iraq.  There were
> veterans from the Gulf War, Korea, Vietnam, and several from World
> War II.  Then I found a whole gaggle of Civil War re-enactors.
> Finally I found one guy and his wife dressed up as a doughboy and
> nurse from World War I.
>
> I tried a couple hand held panoramas using my Sigma 8 and discovered
> a couple things:
>
> * I'm no Jook
> * I'd really love a Nikkor 8mm
> * I just can't get the quality that I'd like out of the Sigma
> * I need to learn to get a little closer to my subject
> * I need to practice photos of people quite a bit more
>
> I guess I'm basically a landscape and tripod kinda guy, but I
> appreciate the challenge and will keep working at it.
>
> Take a look:
> http://www.360geographics.com/Xper/Veterans04/
>
> Mickael, if you're collecting these in any way let me know and I'll
> package 'em up however you'd like.
>
> -Landis

Cheers
Robert C. Fisher