Sender:Francis Fougere
Date/Time:2006-Sep-19 02:55:00
Subject:Re: OT

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: OT Francis Fougere 2006-Sep-19 02:55:00
Yes folks this is why I shared my project ideas here to get a heads up on
the pitfalls of my folly. Thank you Yuv for the suggestions, some of which I
had thought about and others which I'm scrambling with in my mind. For the
horizon I was planning to stay well off shore so that parallax and  matching
detail would not be too hard. The boom and the sails are very low so the
horizon on half the pano will not be visible. I had not given much thought
to the boat climbing up and down waves so the bubble level suggestion is
very appreciated. I'm using a 16-35mm lens at 16mm for a ten shot row on the
5D which gives me plenty of overlap, maybe too much. For the upper row I
shoot 10 shots but only use every 2nd shot and not need a zenith. Sometimes
I need a very small piece of the discarded shots to fill a small hole or to
even out the tonal part of the shot. Same for the lower row but I do shoot a
nadir. I plan to work the seam at the front or back edge of the sail. This
boat is a very low to the water sleek vessel and the camera will only be a
few feet above the water. As for the sunset I think I will try to shoot an
hour or two before to get a low sun but still have lots of light.
As for the measurement rules.....these boats would race each other and the
measurement rules would try to make the boats somewhat even without stifling
the design qualities. The America's Cup 8 Meter yachts were measured through
a complicated rule to insure that they were competitive with each other. At
least till the Australasian put wings on their keel. The "R" boat was
similar just measured to a different rule.
My backup plan is to shoot a Q400 passenger plane from Bombardier but I'm
trying to turn that into a commercial job and I can't schedule that for this
week.
Francis