Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2006-Oct-06 23:26:00
Subject:Re: How long before uploads become visible?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: How long before uploads become visible? Markus Altendorff 2006-Oct-06 23:26:00
roger_d_williams schrieb:

> --- In #removed# com <mailto:wwp%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "roger_d_williams" <roger@...> wrote:
>  >
>  > Excuse my ignorance, but I notice that even some time after
> uploading
>  > my normal and full-screen panoramas they are not visible. At first
>  > thought it might be a quirk of Opera, my favourte browser, but
>  > Firefox has the same problem. I toggle from the upload screen to
> the
>  > preview screen using the "Click here to open a new window with a
>  > preview including the QTVR" but the QTVRs don't show up. Is this
> just
>  > a matter of time? Or do I need to save and submit for approval
> before
>  > that is possible? I'm a bit reluctant to do that in case it
> prevents
>  > me fine tuning the map location, which I see from Google is 100
> yards
>  > or so adrift.
>
> Well, to answer my own question, it seems that the upload and editing
> pages are designed to work with Microsoft Internet Explorer. They
> work fine with this, but I cannot toggle to the QTVR displays with
> either Opera (9.01) or Firefox (the latest beta). I so rarely use MIE
> that I hadn't realised the pages would work with it.

That's strange - i'm using both Safari and Firefox (on Mac
OS X) and test the pages against Safari, Firefox, Opera and
IE on Mac and PC to make sure it works on all platforms.

Once they're uploaded, both the fullscreen and the normal
QTVR should be instantly visible in the preview window, no
matter if its already approved or not yet (just tried with
Opera 8.5 / Mac). Maybe some Pop-up blocker or anti-ad
setting in Opera interferes? (However, in that case, i guess
the preview window shouldn't open at all).

Another theory: Do you have any proxy server or something in
your internet connection? (in that case, you may not receive
the current data - though the prep. server is set up to
always send the current time/date of the page to avoid that)

I'll admit I'm a bit lost there...

-Markus