Sender:Jim Watters
Date/Time:2007-May-30 16:18:00
Subject:Re: Are there opportunities for us in Google's new Street Level technology?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Are there opportunities for us in Google's new Street Level technology? Jim Watters 2007-May-30 16:18:00
> Were you planning on taking 1,000,000+ lower quality panoramas along every street in several cities?
>
> I think this has great potential for all of us.  Like the World Wide
> Panorama (but on a much larger scale in terms of viewers) this will
> introduce more people to 360 degree views and make our job less of
> teaching people what we do and then why they want it and more how
> well we can do it for them.
>
> -Landis

The thing I liked about Google's setup was the speed of zooming down a
street from one pan to the next.  I am ok with the resolution for what
these pans are good for.  For speed and bandwidth Google does not load
the back of the pan unless you turn around.  Incorporating something
like seamless city would likely give a smoother experience.  But adding
our own content would be neat.

Not only pans, I just took a bunch of down shots in a hot air balloon
ride the other day, at about 1100 feet that I have not yet processed or
compared to Google.  But am guessing will have much better detail.  The
day before I took a bunch of pans in these areas too.  Even without
Google help these will be linked together.

--
Jim Watters

jwatters @ photocreations . ca
http://photocreations.ca