Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2007-May-30 15:39:00
Subject:Re: Are there opportunities for us in Google's new Street Level technology?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Are there opportunities for us in Google's new Street Level technology? Landis 2007-May-30 15:39:00
>--- In #removed#, "Sean Bickford"
><northwest_omnipresence@...> wrote:
>>
>>  http://news.com.com/Google+Maps+takes+it+to+the+streets/2100-1038_3-
>>  6187254.html?tag=ne.gall.related
>>
>>  Does anyone know how we can get involved in this project?
>>

>more from the google maps blog - be sure to watch the YouTube video -
>lots of fun - chroma-screen antics
>http://googlemapsmania.blogspot.com/2007/05/big-news-google-maps-street-
>view.html
>
>I feel sucker punched.

Sucker punched?  Were you planning on taking 1,000,000+ lower quality
panoramas along every street in several cities?

I think this has great potential for all of us.  Like the World Wide
Panorama (but on a much larger scale in terms of viewers) this will
introduce more people to 360 degree views and make our job less of
teaching people what we do and then why they want it and more how
well we can do it for them.

-Landis