Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2007-Sep-14 12:30:00
Subject:Re: 10th Anniversary of the Wrinkle this December!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: 10th Anniversary of the Wrinkle this December! Caroling Geary 2007-Sep-14 12:30:00
To each their own enlightenment. As a purist, you are correct. To
give priority to a secondary consideration, such as "best at a
particular time" limits "the best".

  In a broad interpretation, submitting  a solstice pano would not be
breaking the rules, because the vrtist has the right to choose "the
best". There are no rules for what is best. One the other hand, if I
shoot a bad pano on the solstice, I don't have to use it. The
solstice pano takes its place, competing among the other panos of the
year for the choice of being best. It just is an interesting option.
We do have the option of setting up another site of solstice wrinkle
memorial panos that weren't the best of the year though.

I'm sure that people who were in this game ten years ago and that
participated in Wrinkle, December, 1997 are going to have an
particularly emotional view of it.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net