Sender:George Row
Date/Time:2007-Dec-01 23:41:00
Subject:Re: lenses for Panos on a 5D

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: lenses for Panos on a 5D George Row 2007-Dec-01 23:41:00
Louis,
Thanks that was interesting.

Dr Bob,
I also have an EOS 5D and have found a budget solution
to the Fisheye problem:
http://www.zenit-camera.com/zenitar_m_fisheye_lens_for_canon_eos.htm

Here is someone else's review of the lens:
http://www.baltimorecameraclub.org/HTML/Zenitar_fisheye.html

I find that it works well for for VRs shot tripod
mounted
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp907/html/GeorgeRow.ht...

and for ones shot hand held:
http://veryderry.com/db/location.php?pano=48

On the tripod I take six images, hand held it will
sometimes be seven or eight  and in each case I add a
sky and a ground shot.  I stitch using HugIn, (no need
for DeFish  since I spotted the "Enable rotation"
preference under "Fine tune") and render as a Cubic VR
using CubicConvertor and CubicConector.

all the best

George

http://www.panoplanet.net/orient/ueno_paddleboats.htm