Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2008-May-23 16:53:00
Subject:Not so, not with my materials. Re: Re:Globorama - some explanation from Don

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Not so, not with my materials. Re: Re:Globorama - some explanation from Don Yuval Levy 2008-May-23 16:53:00
AYRTON wrote:
> we still don't know if they just navigate trough the web, what it
> is free ...

I've had a first reading through the German Copyright Law.
<http://www.bundesrecht.juris.de/urhg/index.html>

according to §14, surfing the web through the globorama is only free for
personal use, not for an exhibition.

I'm still trying to sort out between interpretations of court cases, but
it seems that the WWP does fall under a collective work (§9) in which
case their procedure is offensive but not illegal so far.

If I understand §9 correctly, one of the authors of the collective work
can give permission to use the whole collective work if he can assume
beyond reasonable doubt that the other authors would grant permission.

Until this discussion came up, it may have been true, but now that the
discussion is up nobody can assume such permission anymore.

I'll be drafting my letter later tonight, in which I tell them in clear
  terms that I do not give them permission to display my copyrighted
material, and that if they want permission they are welcome to start
negotiation again on a more respectful, open and communicative basis.

I'll copy the list on this. the letter will be in German, but I'll add a
translation too.

Bottom line: NOT SO, NOT WITH MY MATERIALS.

Yuv