Sender:caroling
Date/Time:2008-Jun-09 08:27:00
Subject:Re: Don's essay on ELEVATION

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Don's essay on ELEVATION caroling 2008-Jun-09 08:27:00
Well, I know that 8 shots aren't enough with a 35mm lens, taken from a tower
that was about 20' square. I walked around a deck on the outside and shot from
each corner and the middle of each side. The shots were equidistant but not
overlapping. That was before I knew anything about panoramas. If I had a
wider-angle lens, it would have worked. Also, near objects might be a problem,
since the deck was not a circle. It would be good if you were off the ground and
the landscape was distant. Take as many shots as you need for overlap.

I see you are from New Zealand, so you might have been to this fire tower in the
Waipoua forest? There is a picture of it on this page:
http://wholeo.net/Lookout/lookout.html

And the panoramas I later made from the pictures are here:
http://wholeo.net/Trips/Art/Web/exhibit/millennium/showMeWO.htm

--
Caroling, www.wholeo.net