Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2008-Sep-29 11:25:00
Subject:Re: The Prep Server Has Moved! -> unable to login

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: The Prep Server Has Moved! -> unable to login Yahoo Account 2008-Sep-29 11:25:00
Hi Martin, Randy, and others,

I've just sent the mails with the account info to those who requested them.

The "usual suspects" for login problems might apply:
IF YOU CAN SEE the login window, but can't get past the user/password question, watch out for those:
- We're not using blanks anywhere in the account info, i.e. not even between NameSurname.
- Yes, both fields are CaSe sENsiTiVE ;)
- Make sure you're using the most recent password. If in doubt, just send a request and we'll resend your account mail.

BUT:
If you can't even "see" the server (i.e. the connection is timing out, and no login window appears at all) check that you're not accidentally using an outdated bookmark. The address should be either  128.32.102.23:8090/gen/ , or geoimages.berkeley.edu:8090/gen/
If neither works, but geoimages.berkeley.edu does, then there might be an issue with a local/office/national firewall/gateway that denies access to the 8090 port. There's nothing I can do about that. You'd have to try a computer at another, less shielded location for uploading.

If you're running into the worst case, then either provide a download opportunity for us (Don/Landis/me) or send us a mail with your contributions and the text you want to go with it attached.

As usual, we'll have a "late-editing" opportunity once the initial publishing has been done.

-Markus