Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2009-Sep-21 21:44:00
Subject:Re: One more day for photography, and a Quicktime bug warning

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: One more day for photography, and a Quicktime bug warning Yahoo Account 2009-Sep-21 21:44:00
Yes, it seems there are several different factors that cause problems after the update, because I've seen older files which should fit into the playback window, and they, too, don't show after the update.

What I can say with certainty is that all those panoramas which the computer has rebuilt by now, work now.
After the Quicktime update last week, all that showed was an empty, colored rectangle with the Quicktime controller, and this affected all panoramas that came from the auto-batch process introduced in June. Once I removed the "scale-to-fit" parameter from the pages, they showed, but they were cropped and the controller was missing/out of the visible frame.

There is little I can do about the panoramas from before the wwp6/2009 event but wait for Apple to release a bugfix/update.

I can remake those panoramas where people have generously uploaded a JPEG file. For the "normal page" ones, I'm using Pano2VR,
801x801 px cube face size, 3x3 tiling, 1:8 lowres preview, JPEG compression
and all I changed was to set the default player size to 100x60 pixels instead of the 800x600 I had before -
which exceeded the typical web page playback frame of 570x320.
Now all the "patched" panoramas show just fine with scale=tofit, and they adapt to the page like they did before the update.
The processing is still running off-site, so the new versions are not yet online, but they should be some time tomorrow.

-Markus