Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2009-Sep-27 22:06:00
Subject:Re: WWP site problems

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: WWP site problems Yahoo Account 2009-Sep-27 22:06:00
Yes, that's a problem which Apple has introduced in the latest 7.6.4 version of Quicktime.
I've found that it happens when the movie's "native" size is bigger than the size given on the webpage.
There seem to be some other triggers for those display problems as well.
Quicktime for Windows seems most severly affected. An Apple engineer on the quicktime-vr list
wrote that they're aware of it, and that they're working on a fix.

Your example from 6/09 worked fine on my Intel Mac mini with 10.5.8 in Safari, but not in Firefox.
Well, it "worked", in that it didn't report an error - it just didn't draw the movie on the screen, only the controller.

I really hope Apple's hurrying up in providing a fix for this...
releasing Quicktime with such an obvious bug is not what I've come to expect from them.

-Markus