Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2009-Oct-03 00:06:00
Subject:Re: flash tilt parameters

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: flash tilt parameters Pat Swovelin 2009-Oct-03 00:06:00
On 10/1/2009 3:21 PM, n8prk's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
typed ...:
> Hi Markus,
>
> The jpeg is the product of a spherical stitch using ptgui 8. The
> horizon is well below the center of the frame too. I tried padding the
> bottom of the jpeg out to "about" 2:1 yesterday. I may have missed
> getting it precicely 2:1 by a few pixels though.

It absolutely *must* be in a 2:1 ratio.  I had a submission that was
8000x3999 and it was *totally* messed up (we're talking seriously UGLY)
when displayed.  I added a pixel for that person and it behaved like it
was supposed to.

> This changed the cylindrical parameters some but I still couldn't get
> the flash configuration to accept my upload as a spherical shot. I ran
> out of time to experiment at that time but I will try again with more
> accurate padding if you will put me on the late edit list.
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Peter

Pat Swovelin
Cool Guy @ Large