Sender:Keith Martin
Date/Time:2010-Jan-28 22:39:00
Subject:Re: thinking like a publisher

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: thinking like a publisher Keith Martin 2010-Jan-28 22:39:00
Sometime around 28/1/10 (at 13:38 -0800) Don Bain said:

>It is an interesting paradox. Many people are unwilling to pay for the
>New York Times on a website, but other people are happy to pay $13.99
>a month for a subscription on their Kindle. Similarly, despite
>widespread illegal downloading, millions of people are willing to pay
>for music by the song on iTunes. The same trend is apparent in movies
>and television shows.

One of the key differences isn't the content; that's the same in the
above examples. The difference is the vehicle, the mechanism, the
well-designed iTunes store experience or the 'delivered to your
virtual door' newspaper.

I don't pretend to know the answer, but this is *part* of what makes
the difference between people not paying or paying.