Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2011-Oct-22 22:59:00
Subject:Re: Why is someone editing the description text after its been submitted to WWP?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Why is someone editing the description text after its been submitted to WWP? Pat Swovelin 2011-Oct-22 22:59:00
On 10/21/2011 11:08 AM, texas360dave wrote:
> Ok... this makes the 2nd alert notice of someone post editing.
>
> Some one changed my text "Part 2"

By itself "Part 2" is totally meaningless and no one would ever see what
you were referring to.

> to be an active link to my wifes entry... except the active link now
> is a blank WWP page 404.

Because the page it needed to link to wouldn't created until after it
went live so there was no way to know the URL to link to.  I forgot to
fix it post-event publish but it's been fixed and is live now.

> --- In #removed# <mailto:wwp%40yahoogroups.com>,
> "centreofengland" <andysavage1969@...> wrote:
> >
> > I have been a member of the WWP for many years now (24 entries) and
> think its great but discovered a problem with my last entry "History"
> after it went live.
> >
> > I always check all my text and links before I submit it so was
> shocked when it went live and found that in my description some
> malformed HTML had appeared around the first words in my description.
> >
> > It looked like someone had tried to link the words to a Wikipedia
> page about the subject matter but they had messed it up which meant
> the link did not work and you could see all the html code around it.
> (looked bad)
> >
> > I then spotted two more changes that had been made to my text, in my
> text someone had changed my two sections that read "360 degree" to
> "360?" and another one to "360? degree". (i.e inconsistant)
> >
> > I always use the word "degree" in my descriptions rather than using
> the symbol as people tend to search in google using words rather than
> symbols.
> >
> > Is this post-editing of peoples text something that is going to
> happen from now onwards? if so can it be passed back to the creator to
> check they are happy with the changes and that any modified links are
> correct?
> >
> > Thanks

Pat Swovelin
World Wide Panorama Event Coordinator