Sender:Brian Richards
Date/Time:2023-Jan-28 22:06:14
Subject:Re: 360Texas Re: Event essay for "Tall"

wwp@groups.io: Re: 360Texas Re: Event essay for "Tall" Brian Richards 2023-Jan-28 22:06:14
Hi Eric

Thanks for the update. One thing the bot missed is the idea of the 'Tall Tale' see https://www.freethesaurus.com/tall+tale

Thanks,

Brian
________________________________
From: #removed# <#removed#> on behalf of Erik Krause <#removed#>
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2023 2:58 PM
To: #removed# <#removed#>
Subject: Re: [WWPano] 360Texas Re: Event essay for "Tall"

Am 25.01.2023 um 20:44 schrieb Brian Richards:

> With the rise of the popular new chatbot ChatGPT, colleges are restructuring some courses and taking preventive measures.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/16/technology/chatgpt-artificial-intelli...

Hello Brian,

I'm aware of that. I just played a bit with chatGPT out of curiosity,
and because no one else wanted to write an essay, I asked it to do so.
But this was by no means intended to promote the use of chatbots in any
way (in fact it showed my the limits of chatGPT very clearly).

The current essay is the result of about 10 iterations where I had to
refine the question and ask chatGPT to rephrase and be more precise. At
the beginning I was not clear what I wanted, but when I saw the results,
the goal became more and more visible, so that in the end I would have
been able to write it myself. A bit similar to what Heinrich von Kleist
proposed in his essay "?ber die allm?hliche Verfertigung der Gedanken
beim Reden" (About the gradual fabrication of thoughts while talking) or
what programmers know as "rubber duck debugging".

--
Erik Krause
WWP Admin

View/Reply Online (#126): https://groups.io/g/wwp/message/126