Sender:mark1schuster
Date/Time:2005-Jan-22 01:15:00
Subject:Re: 'Panography' , Panoramafotografie, Panografija

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: 'Panography' , Panoramafotografie, Panografija mark1schuster 2005-Jan-22 01:15:00
--- In #removed#, Bostjan Burger <#removed#> wrote:
> I wrote a short article about 'panography' in 2001 for some
magazines. In Slovenian language - 'panografija'. I posted the
article to Wikipedia [ http://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panografija ]
today and found out that  only  terms 'panorama' and 'cyclorama'
exist in English: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panorama , [
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclorama ]. In German
Panoramafotografie: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoramafotografie,
which was the closest match.

I think in England we would simply translate Panoramafotographie as
panorama photography.  So we do have a term for it.  But I like
panography for the practice and am pleased you already used the word
some years ago. How about panographer for the practitioner?

Mark