Sender:John Wilson
Date/Time:2005-Apr-03 14:49:00
Subject:Re: spinControl (what the buttons do)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: spinControl (what the buttons do) John Wilson 2005-Apr-03 14:49:00
Hi Patrick
Thanks for your response.

>  Did you try pressing on them?
>
>  ??? :)
>
>  ...The buttons pan, tilt, and zoom the panoramas. The other button
> will show/hide
>  hotspots (if there are any). These supplement the inadequate (IMO)
> standard QT
>  controller.
Yes, of course!  I found that the Spin Control buttons duplicate a
sub-set of functions that already exist in the QuickTime user
interface.

The Spin Control buttons do not allow simultaneous horizontal and
vertical scrolling and zooming, or variable speed scrolling, which the
existing (intuitive?) QuickTime user interface already provides.

>  > The spin-control takes up screen area which makes the fullscreen
>  > panorama image smaller!
>
>  I could be wrong, but I think it actually takes up the same amount of
> space as the
>  WWP was originally designed. They may have just moved some text
> around to fit in
>  the controller. :)

I think it takes up more space than it needs to:
http://freespace.virgin.net/joan.1/wwp305/JohnWilson.html

>  HTH,

Why only use them on the fullscreen pages??

still confused..
John Wilson