Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2005-May-12 07:24:00
Subject:Re: ALERT Austrialian Patent on VRTours ??

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: ALERT Austrialian Patent on VRTours ?? Markus Altendorff 2005-May-12 07:24:00
chris wrote:
> There should be plenty of prior are covering this Yet-Another-Stupid-Patent.
> if the date it was awarded is 2003/04 I'm sure I could find some,

I do vaguely recall reading about the Australian patent system (or at least this
special "inventor's patent" thing - wasn't it something "anything's granted without
checking, and scrutiny starts only if the patentee actually wants to enforce it"?
(which is actually a tad better than "grant anything and let the courts sort it out,
if anyone cares at all...")

Seeing how easy it is to apply for a patent online...
http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/patents/what_index.shtml
...i'd expect to see a lot more of funny patents in the future, for
"What is more cost-efficient, actually shooting a photo, or owning the enforcable
intellectual property rights to the idea of anyone shooting a photo?"

-Markus
(who thinks that's sick, but obviously not sick enough...)