Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2005-Jun-11 08:57:00
Subject:Re: Multishot pano with people/cars

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Multishot pano with people/cars Hans Nyberg 2005-Jun-11 08:57:00
On Jun 11, 2005, at 10:26 AM, Wheaton, Simon wrote:

> Not totally perfect, the girl with the red guitar bag on her bag and
> the guy she is with appear twice in the pano, in different locations.

Actually thats a gimmick. It is Helmut's special joke to do this.
Take a look at his site and you understand.
http://stadtpanoramen.de/
Especially have a look at his fullscreen panoramas. Link is on the list
on this page
http://www.panorama-cities.net/city/german_cities.html

Helmut has his own special technics which I am not going to tell you. I
believe he is on the list so I will let him do it himself.

Generally you have to look in the sides of your images and take each
image when the overlapping areas have no moving subjects.

Thats just one way.
You can also take the images very fast like I have done on this, 4
images and Sigma 8mm. The first 3 images in 3 sec.
http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen3/f36b.html

But the real challenge which requires a lot of skills is doing what
Walker Young has done here.
Also Sigma 8mm 4 shots.
http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen5/f12b2-taiwan.html

The closer you are to the people moving the harder the stitching is.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
hans nyberg fotografi