Sender:pedro_silva58
Date/Time:2005-Jul-02 12:26:00
Subject:Re: submission questions

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: submission questions pedro_silva58 2005-Jul-02 12:26:00
i like the effect, but again not quite what i expected.  i
experimented with a somewhat similar effect some years back, but with
a different technique.  i would take three exposures without any
filters, and then use the 1st for the R layer, the 2nd for the G, and
the 3dr for the B.  sometimes it work, sometimes it didn't, but it was
fun for a while.  samples can be seen at
http://alf1.cii.fc.ul.pt/~pedro/Photos/MovingWater/index.html .  in
particular,
http://alf1.cii.fc.ul.pt/~pedro/Photos/MovingWater
/pages/ParqueExpoCascataTelhado2.htm
and
http://alf1.cii.fc.ul.pt/~pedro/Photos/MovingWater
/pages/ParqueExpoCascataTelhadox1.htm
 are especially relevant here, as they were taken in the exact same
place as willy's wwp605 contribution.  The 1st even has the exact same
viewpoint -- great minds think alike... ;-)
cheers,
pedro

--- In #removed#, "Francis Fougere" <#removed#> wrote:
> Well folks
> I got my submission up at last. Tried something new this time. ( or
was it
> something old in the new digital world) My shot of these falls
consisted of
> three time exposures taken through sharp cutoff filters in red,
green, and
> blue. The shots were then combined in a composite to create the
rainbow
> effect in the flowing water over the falls and then blended into
panorama
> that you see. The idea for this came to me from samples from an old
photo
> filters effects manual that I found on my shelf and the vague memory
of a
> fourth year college photo assignment using these sharp cutoff
filters to
> create a colour image from black and white images that were printed
using
> the dye transfer process. What is old is new again. Let me know
what you
> think. Again I would like to thank the organizers for the
opportunity to