Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2006-Jan-02 05:30:00
Subject:Re: Nadir logos ...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Nadir logos ... Markus Altendorff 2006-Jan-02 05:30:00
On Mo, 2.01.2006, 03:52, Pat Swovelin sagte:
> While I'm on the subject of nadir caps how are the mirror-ball ones
> created (is this something I can do in PTGui 5.6 or in PS CS or ??)?

These are frightenly easy to do :)

1) Open the 360x180 degrees image in Photoshop
2) duplicate the image into a new layer 2 (e.g. Select All, Copy, Paste)
3) mirror that layer 2 so that it's "bottom up" (what originally was the lower edge,
including tripod, is now on top, and vice versa)
4) erase the tripod by deleting the part of layer 2 where the tripod is visible (now
on top of the image)
5) scale the layer by using Command-(=Apple-) T, then dragging the top handle
downwards until you're happy with it :)
6) save as image.

In short, duplicate image, flip along the horizon, scale vertically, use that to
cover the lower part with the tripod...

Or, even better (a pre-made photoshop action), look at
http://wiki.panotools.org/Adding_a_nadir_cap_%28mirror_ball%29
(the link above SHOULD be one very long line, or it won't work...)

-Markus