Sender:Carl von Einem
Date/Time:2006-Jan-03 11:54:00
Subject:Re: Geographic location

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Geographic location Carl von Einem 2006-Jan-03 11:54:00
very nice thread...

From: Uri Cogan <#removed#>

> Yuval wrote:
>
>>>this discussion thread screams for a WWP theme:
>>>BORDERS!
>
> Yes, this could be a fine topic for a WWP project!

BORDERS is nice, also BOARDERS ;-)

> Pat Swovelin wrote:
>
>>>Yuv, you're trying to put out a fire with gasoline.      =8^)

There was a pretty famous american guy who used just that technique with
very huge fires.

[...]
> Reference from : http://www.pigwar.com/
[...]
> Ultimately, there was no gunfire, no war. The troops co-occupied San
> Juan island for years, until Kaiser Wilhelm I of Germany decided that
> San Juan island fell under the rightful and just rule of the United
> States of America.

...and see the "home" of Kaiser Wilhelm I. at
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp1205/html/CarlvonEinem.html
:-)

btw thanks to Marko Potocnik to bring us a panorama of the Vogel ski
center. I was there as a little child (at that time the country was
called Yugoslavia) and stayed in that very same hotel you see on the
right side of the cable car station. Plenty of snow!

Carl