Sender:Bernhard Vogl
Date/Time:2006-Jan-03 14:51:00
Subject:Re: The Colors of Autumn in WWP

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: The Colors of Autumn in WWP Bernhard Vogl 2006-Jan-03 14:51:00
Hello Caroling,

Thank you for telling me your thoughts about my submission. As you may have
read, this location has already attracted me for several years, so it means
a lot to me to hear what you experience and feel by looking at the image.

For me, panography may be a documentary medium in the first place - But i am
sure that i am not the only one who thinks about aesthetics in panoramic
imaginery - i can remember a talk with Luca in Venice where he told me that
he also considers aestethics (or at least image composition) likewise
important as in in "classic" photography...and surely many other also do.
Maybe, panoramas are a collection of some "classic" views in one image for
the viewer to explore them? Maybe it's only one image where you can only see
one part at a time and use your imagination to understand the whole image?
Who knows. It's like a good riddle to browse the WWP submissions and try to
imagine what the photographer has seen and may want to express in/with his
submission...

Best regards
Bernhard

P.S.: A spoiler: You can look at some trials i did 2 years ago. Maybe it
helps understandig my developkment of the view for the current submission
;-)
http://dativ.at/fotos/panos/miesweg.html
http://dativ.at/fotos/panos/other/miesweg4_zoomify.html