Sender:olivier satnet
Date/Time:2006-Mar-10 19:13:00
Subject:Re: panos and recorded music

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: panos and recorded music olivier satnet 2006-Mar-10 19:13:00
what about generic music free ...

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: wbr_venlo
  To: #removed#
  Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 1:09 PM

  Hello Bostjan,

  In The Netherlands is an organisation called BUMA/Stemra that
  watches the copyrights of musicians. It is relative expensive
  to "buy" the rights to perform accompanying music for a personal
  site. Under 10 minutes you pay 13.60 Euro's and the maximum is 90
  minutes for a price of 27 Eu. (it is per month!)
  If you play unauthorised music they sent you a bill!
  It is not possible to discuss prices, or to do business with a local
  band , it is a huge bureaucratic organisation and they consider
  themselves as the only organisation to do so.  Up to now I didn't
  add music to my pano's. Only natural sound and more than 70 years
  old music is free of rights, and therefore I twice added  sound for
  a wwp contribution.

  here is one:
  http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp905/html/WilBrugman.html

  I can understand that musicians have the right to earn for their
  work, on the other hand the prices  are much to high to make it
  attractive , so therefore hardly no normal person  ads music to his
  site here.

  --- In #removed#, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

  > Only five days to the 'borders' event but I am still without
  actual idea... this week was and still is World Junior Figure
  skating Championship in Ljubljana, so my idea was the 'border'
  between the figure skaters on the ice and spectators on the tribune,
  but the championship will ended on 12th of  March which is 'out of
  date range'...
  >   However...plenty of fine figure skating and music... I did few
  panos there and recorded the sound in the hall... now I have a doubt
  about the music which is within the recorded sound and my possible
  violating the copyright when I published panos with the sound (
  http://www.burger.si/QTVR/Dogodki/Tivoli_Drsanje_2006/Skating_03.html
  ).
  >   What is the general experience and practice in similar cases ?
  Any rule or limits?

  >   Bostjan

  ------
  The World-Wide Panorama

  For more information:
  -Visit the web site at http://GeoImages.Berkeley.edu/wwp.html

        Multimedia computer speaker  Current events