Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2006-Apr-10 13:54:00
Subject:WWP Dates

wwp@yahoogroups.com: WWP Dates Landis 2006-Apr-10 13:54:00
Dates....  Don and I could have done a little bit better with posting
a 'special notice' on the beginning of photography and a warning
about the dates near the end.  That being said, the dates were
clearly posted on the page to which we always referred for info about
the next event
(http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/Practical/NextEvent.html) from
which I quote:

>Photography must be done during the stated period of 15-21 March
>2006 (Wednesday to Tuesday). The subject matter must be related to
>the theme of "borders".

We had more entries for this event outside of that time frame than
I've seen before - perhaps because we didn't notice before, but more
likely because of the last 'Best of 2005' event with a much more
lenient time span.  Several were taken on the 22nd or 23rd.  Those
were close enough that we're going to allow them in this time and
they'll be added during the late edit period (including Rick Drew and
Olivier Auverlau who recently posted).  Some were way off on the
date, and they will not be allowed in.

I don't recall one of these people emailing the admins either prior
to the event or during any edit stages asking if this would be
possible - they just tried to slip it in.  If they had, we could have
cleared this problem up a lot easier.

For more info on the rules, please see that NextEvent.html page
referenced above, or an email that I sent to the list on 9 January of
this year (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wwp/message/5354)

The next event is 20-25 June 2006 with the theme 'Gardens'.  More
about that as soon as we finish with the late edits to 'Borders'.

-Landis